Friday, May 29, 2009

Android vs iPhone vs Pre vs Other


Ok, so unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, the hottest phone around is the iPhone. If you're a techy, you probably know about the Android phone (currently only HTC G1 available). And, if you're a geek who owns/owned one of the original Palm "Pilot" devices and still calls his PDA a "PalmPilot" to this day, then you know about the Palm Pre coming out next week. And late but not least, if you're one of the countless millions of others, you have a "regular ole phone".

I want a new phone! I currently own a Sony Ericsson w580i, the Walkman phone. Boy, I really felt old when my 15 year old daughter asked me the other day, "What's a Walkman?"...ugh! Like, the coolest thing ever in the 80's when *I* grew up! You could play your cassettes and take it WITH you whereever you went, clipped right on your pants!

But I digress... I'm in need of a phone that suites my online lifestyle. I'm a Google junkie and use most every service they have so the Android is looking pretty sweet to me but there's just so few handsets to choose from and they are only on the T-Mobile network. I'm a Cingluar/AT&T guy. I'd hate to switch but I'd jump ship if I can fill my needs with the right handset!

The iPhone is all the rage and I'm sure I'd like one but I just can't pull myself to drink the Kool-Aid for some reason--maybe it's the price. But who am I kidding? All of the fancy handsets are going to cost me! And, of course, I'll have to have the all-you-can-eat surfing plan!

Being a life-long Palm PDA user, I love the platform and they finally announced that the Pre would run old Palm apps so all my favorities will be there! Again, I'll have to switch companies but that's maybe not a biggie.

I don't know what to do! Any advice?

No comments: