Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry What-Mas?

Does it tick anybody else off as bad as it does me when people use Merry Xmas!?  I mean, how lazy, do you have to be to not type 5 more characters?  It's probably not even the laziness factor, it's the fact that our society is so anti-Christian and pro-anything but Christianity that they want to do away with every semblance of Christ! 

Sorry, I just needed to rant as I just received yet another blog post with Xmas.  I'm going to start shortening people's names with X and see how they like it.
Here's my new conversation with my friend Bob Smith who uses Xmas...

"Hey, XSmith!"

"Hey....Scott.  What's up with the X stuff?"

"Oh, I got your email the other day and you didn't bother referencing Christ in Christmas so I thought I'd see how you liked it.  You know, the whole refusing to mention your name thing."

"Really?  I don't particularly like that.  Can you please use my name when talking to me and referring to me to others?"

"Well, X (can I call you X for short?) it's my way of proving the signficance of leaving someone's name out of a relationship.  Now, I understand that "Christ" is Jesus' position and not his name, per se, but you get the point right?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

Needless to say, Bob did not like me NOT using his name when we were talking.  I can't imagine Jesus likes it when we leave him out of Christmas either!

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Birthday JESUS!

Romans 1:16 - "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..."

No comments: